The Datalogger can be used together with a USB stick to store all values measured by the controller in order to view these later in graph form on a PC. The controller writes the values onto a stick every minute.
The Maxi Controller is a modular control system for controlling the DimLux lighting system, a fan and the heating. The Maxi Controller controls and monitors the CO2, Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) and the plant temperature depending on the sensors chosen.
The Maxi Controller is able to control up to 160 DimLux Expert fixtures or Xtreme ballasts. The Maxi Controller is able to switch the lighting on or off silently by means of a built-in timer. The lighting can also be regulated variably until the desired output is reached.
The Maxi Controller can adjust the output according to the temperature of the room. The DimLux lighting system is automatically dimmed once a certain temperature is exceeded. If the temperature is still too high, the Maxi Controller will switch off all or half the fixtures until the desired temperature has been reached. The DimLux Expert fixtures or Xtreme ballasts can be connected directly to a wall socket. Only the time when this is to be switched on and off needs to be entered and the set is ready for use. The desired lighting intensity can be set using the + and – buttons.
The Maxi Controller can also work with asynchronous times for example, 10 hours on and 10 hours off. This setting reduces the total cycles by almost 20%. Sunrise and sunset can also be simulated. The Maxi Controller also has a thermostat/hygrostat function. It is also possible to regulate the level of CO2 in a closed room via an extremely accurate dual beam CO2 sensor. This CO2 sensor is able to control CO2 generators and cold CO2 installations.
The Maxi Controller is modular. The controller can be extended to include the AUX BOX, FAN/AUX BOX, CO2 sensor, CO2 Gas Protect sensor, a plant temperature camera, an RH sensor and a temperature sensor.
Using one or more DimLux Expert Series combined with the DimLux Maxi Controller has a number of great advantages:
- Comprehensive and accurate settings
- Sensors: measuring = knowing
- Extensive connection and control capabilities
- Simulation of sunrise and sunset
- Energy and cost savings
Save 50% on power. Ask us about Half-Force.
The DimLux Maxi Controller can control 160 DimLuxes at once. A switchboard, time delay units and relays are no longer needed, the DimLuxes can be plugged directly into the socket. Just set the on and off time and the set is ready to run. You can set the desired brightness using the + and – keys. The Maxi Controller can also work with asynchronous times, for example, 10 hours on and 10 hours off; this setting shortens the process by almost 20%! Sunrise and sunset can also be simulated. DimLux Maxi Controller EVO. Comes standard with a 5 meter Interlink cable. Can also be supplied with an extra long Interlink cable of 10 meter. Note, the 10 meter cable must be ordered separately.
All DimLux ballasts are controlled by 1 Maxi Controller, so all DimLux ballasts dim at the same time, a feature that is particularly convenient with newly-planted crops: the light output can, for example, can be increased in 10% increments on successive days.
- A maximum of 160 DimLux ballasts can be connected to 1 Maxi Controller.
- The Maxi Controller can adjust the output according to the ambient temperature: the lamps are dimmed automatically when the temperature exceeds a maximum predefined level.
- DimLux ballasts used in combination with a OptiClimate Maxi Controller also offer many other functions and options.
- Using the DimLux with a Maxi Controller enables you to plug the DimLux directly into a wall socket without needing an intervening relay, time delay unit or time switch – which saves you costs.
- Connects a maximum of 160 DimLux fixtures or ballasts in 40 unit banks
- The first bank of 40 can be controlled with all the sensors
- Switching DimLux lighting on or off manually or automatically
- Simulation of sunrise or sunset
- Measuring ambient temperature via a temperature sensor
- Relative humidity via an RH sensor
- Measuring plant temperature via Plant Temperature Camera
- Display of Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD)
- Controlling CO2 via a CO2 sensor
- Detecting flammable, poisonous and harmful gasses via Gas Protect CO2 sensor
- Display of min/max value for all sensors with a time stamp
- Data log function for all sensors
- Fan control based on temperature and humidity (with the FAN/AUX BOX)
- Controlling a humidifier or dehumidifier and heating (with the AUX BOX or the FAN/AUX BOX)
In addition to a whopping 7 dim options the DimLux Maxi Controller can adjust the light output to the temperature of the room. This also facilitates the transition from step by step dimming to continuous variable dimming and thus making it even easier to achieve the perfect light setting. This is possible by pressing the + and – (brightness) buttons or to set the desired temperature and leave the rest to the DimLux Maxi Controller. When exceeding the preset temperature, the lights are automatically dimmed or even partially disabled. It doesn’t get any easier.
There are several sensors available that can be connected to the DimLux Maxi Controller. A temperature sensor and humidity sensor may be combined with a temperature sensor for optimal plant growth of crops. The values obtained from the temperature sensor, humidity sensor and plant temperature sensor are then analyzed and combined so that the optimum ratio between the temperature, humidity, plant temperature – and thus the vapor pressure deficit – can be achieved.
A single DimLux Maxi Controller can control up to 160 DimLux Expert Series (40 pairs). Two DimLux Expert Series lighting systems can directly be connected to a DimLux Maxi Controller by means of speaker wire, multiple lighting systems should linearly (daisy chain) be connected to the first two lighting systems. Furthermore, the DimLux lighting systems and the DimLux Maxi Controller can be connected directly into the wall without using relays, timing devices and timer. This is safer and also saves costs.
Plants do not use photosynthesis until a certain temperature is reached, when the lights are turned on after a dark period, this can be stressful and can affect growth, and also condensation could be formed which can cause rot. This can be prevented by the DimLux Maxi Controller through slowly switching the DimLux Expert lighting systems on and off and thus simulating sunrise and sunset.
If a DimLux light system is connected to a DimLux Maxi Controller this ballast is the only ballast without inrush current. A typical starting current ranges from 50 to 160 amperes per digital ballast. Newer digital ballasts are with soft start technology so that the inrush current is limited to 50 to 60 amperes. This seems little but when it’s multiplied by the number of ballasts (160 for example), this provides a significant amount of power savings.