Location: North America
Global Garden is a young company committed to growth and organizational health. Everyone is required to wear many hats and operate with a “can do, help as I’m able” mindset. As with all young, growing companies change is inevitable and there will always be some level of unpredictability. Patience, support and a “Builder” mentality is necessary to be successful.
To promote, educate and sell Global Garden products in the Greater Michigan area & the MidWest through retail and when appropriate to commercial facilities throughout North America. Your focus is to “Put Gas in the tank” and “Feed the Family”.
Positional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Expedite Sales efforts, sample facilitation and management, ongoing industry and product learning, Sales Training of products at retail level, Sales reporting, Sales Prospecting and other supporting administrative tasks. The SUCCESS of this position is in direct proportion to your ability to Grow Profitable Sales Consistently, Over Time.
- Present, promote and sell products to existing and prospective customers.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling.
- Track customer/prospect engagement by making entries in company CRM (HubSpot).
- Analyze the territory/market potential for various product lines.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests competitive activities, and potential new products and services.
- Follow up with partners to assure satisfaction, respond to inquiries, solicit further sales, solve or refer any issues and solicit leads/referrals for other prospective customers.
- Establish, build and maintain partnerships by visiting retail and commercial partners and associated events.
- Target and develop new opportunities for leads through research, trade and professional associations, lists, referrals and campaigns via phone and/or email withs prospects and clients in designated market areas.
- Evaluate/contribute input on product lines/services being considered for onboarding and distribution.
- Represent Company at tradeshows and key business functions in a professional and effectivemanner to generate prospects and revenue opportunities, including post-show collaboration and appropriate follow-up.
- Assist sales team and other company departments with proposal preparation, agreements, sales reports and presentations.
- Assist when necessary with A/R collections to ensure customers pay within terms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must know and live out on a daily basis the company’s Mission and Values.
- Strong sense of honesty, ethical standards, reliability, and trustworthiness.
- Must operate in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner both internally with employees/teammates and externally with customers, vendors and prospective customers
- Candidate MUST show a demonstrable 9-10 out of 10 MULTI-TASKING skill level
- Candidate MUST show a demonstrable 9-10 out of 10 ATTENTION TO DETAIL skill level
- Must learn and be able to execute in the company’s CRM (currently Hubspot) While training is available, much of this will be self-initiated.
- Candidate MUST be an active listener and exhibit excellent polite and persuasive communication skills.
- Strong history of an ability to build strong relationships and establish trust and credibility at all levels within and outside of the Company; holds self mutually accountable with team
- Strong business acumen preferably well-grounded in horticulture industry
- Ability to demonstrate consistent closing techniques throughout the sales cycle with a proven sales record
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret both general business and technical information; write reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Passionate, confident, well-organized, self-directed, independent, detailed professional with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license along with a clean driving record and must be willing to travel as needed or required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience in sales process and sales closing with a positive attitude
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in market products and technologies
- Physical endurance at tradeshow and vendor days, as events will require you to stand for long days in addition to long travel time and carrying of sometimes heavy products/gear
- Proficient with Microsoft Exchange products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- This offer is contingent upon you passing our pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check, and credit report check, signing appropriate confidentiality/nondisclosure documentation, and agreeing to and signing appropriate documentation relating to use of company property (i.e. computers, cell phone, etc.) as well as any other required HR related documents (i.e. employee handbook, IT conduct, etc.).
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below and attach your resume, references, and salary requirements. A team member will contact you within two business days.